Sunday, April 29, 2012

One and Done

Today marked the first run of the 9-week program. It looked a little something like this:

5 minute warm-up
8- 1 minute runs alternating with 1 1/2 minute walks
5 minute cool-down

It was super chilly and cloudy today, but the weather is supposed to be in the upper 70's, low 80's by Wednesday! I will about honest, today's run was rough and not because of the running. I had one eight too many alcoholic beverages this weekend.

Starting off Friday with this:


Dessert flight of wine from Cooper's Hawk. Flavors from left to right: Rhubarb, Peach, Sweet Red, Raspberry
Rhubarb was by far my favorite (especially mixed with their sparkling almond wine!)

In my first post I mentioned that I was going to a wedding. I was the date for a friend of mine, and we had a blast. It was a beautiful wedding at an amazing loft. I drank way too many glasses of my favorite beer (Two Brothers!), wine, champagne, vodka/soda/lime, and their signature cocktail: rhubarb whiskey sour. Rhubarb was clearly the star of the weekend and I loved on it both days. Instead of cake they had cupcakes from the Bleeding Heart Bakery. I think it was vegan carrot cake flavored, though my drunk taste buds just thought it was damn good, especially alongside that rhubarb whiskey sour.


Another reason why this run was rough, one of the wedding guests was juking too hard and accidentally stepped on my foot. It didn't really hurt at the time (I did the running man in the middle of the dance floor to prove there was no injury), but now I have a bruise on the top of my foot. Oh well, totally worth it!

Here's hoping the next run goes a little bit better!

No comments:

Post a Comment